Gluten Detection with GlutenTox Sticks
GlutenTox® Sticks (RS-4688), produced by Biomedal Diagnostics, are immunochromatographic test sticks for quick detection of the toxic fraction of gluten found in foods, beverages and on surfaces. They incorporate the anti-gliadin antibody G12, which detects the toxic 33mer peptide, the primary initiator of the inflammatory response to gluten in Celiac Disease patients.
While GlutenTox Sticks are easy to use, they do require some basic lab equipment (pipettes and tubes, agitators, and ideally a centrifuge) and therefore tests should be performed in a dedicated part of your facility. Emport, LLC has compiled a list of our favorite lab equipment suppliers and the items recommended for maximizing your time with GlutenTox Sticks, and we are happy to work with you to build your quality control lab from the ground up, or to supplement your existing lab facilities to enable you to begin using the test kit as part of your gluten-free safety protocol.
GlutenTox Sticks advantages:
- Place your list items here
- Semi-quantitative results
- Adjustable detection limit, minimum 3ppm
- Results in less than an hour
- Suitable for complex matrices: hydrolyzed, fermented, and processed foods
- No false positives, no cross-reactivity
- Quantitative analysis available with the GlutenTox Reader
Interested in a quantitative analysis? Meet the GlutenTox Reader!
- Semi-automated quantitative reading of GlutenTox Sticks
- A precise PPM count appears on the screen in seconds
- Data is stored on the Reader and easily transferable to any computer via USB
- More info on the next page