Gluten Detection with GlutenTox Sticks PLUS
GlutenTox® Sticks PLUS (KT-5340), produced by Biomedal Diagnostics, are immunochromatographic Lateral Flow Device (LFD) test sticks for quick detection of the toxic fraction of gluten found in foods, beverages and on surfaces. They incorporate the anti-gliadin antibody G12, which detects the toxic 33mer peptide, the primary initiator of the inflammatory response to gluten in Celiac Disease patients.
GlutenTox Sticks PLUS is specially designed to help food manufacturers monitor for gluten at every step of production to ensure that products comply with a program of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP). This test kit also allows quick decisions and corrective actions in case there is any risk of contamination along the production chain. Kits are user-friendly, accurate, and robust: a must-have for any quality and food safety plan implemented by manufacturers or commercial kitchens that want to ensure the safety of their gluten free customers.
While GlutenTox Sticks PLUS are easy to use, they do require some basic lab equipment (pipettes and tubes, agitators, and ideally a centrifuge) and therefore tests should be performed in a dedicated part of your facility. Feel free to contact Emport LLC with questions about how best to stock your laboratory to facilitate use of this gluten detection method.
Testing on surfaces?
GlutenTox Pro and GlutenTox Sticks PLUS can be used for testing surfaces as well ingredients, finished products and liquids. If your facility is interested in surface testing for gluten on surfaces only, the GlutenTox Pro Surface kit may be of interest.
Testing products high in polyphenols, antioxidants or tannins?
Manufacturers whose products contain significant amounts polyphenols, antioxidants and tannins will need a special additive in the extraction process. The additive prevents interference of these compounds, which act as chelating agents of proteins. The Polyphenol Pack (KT-5320) contains the additive as well as positive and negative controls. Contact us for details and ordering.
GlutenTox Sticks PLUS advantages:
- Semi-quantitative results
- Adjustable detection limit, set LOD anywhere from 3ppm – 100+ppm
- Results in less than an hour
- Suitable for complex matrices: hydrolyzed, fermented, and processed foods
- No false positives, no cross-reactivity
- Validated against a variety of products and surfaces
Interested in a quantitative analysis? Meet the GlutenTox Reader!
- Semi-automated quantitative reading from appx. 8-80PPM
- A precise PPM count appears on the screen in seconds
- Data is stored on the Reader and easily transferable to any computer via USB
- ONLY compatible with GlutenTox Sticks PLUS for Reader (KT-6476)
- More info on the next page